Sexual Assault Crisis Centre of Essex County is seeking to a hire a dynamic Social Worker who is interested in supporting individuals impacted by sexual trauma. If you are interested in work that is meaningful and makes a difference in our community, consider joining our dedicated team.
- Accepting requests for service and addressing treatment plan to reduce impact of trauma use trauma informed approaches.
- Meeting and working with individuals to realize established goals and monitoring these goals on an ongoing basis.
- Working with individuals to assist them to acquire the skills and resources necessary to live independently in the community.
- Coaching and teaching individuals receiving support.
- Working in cooperation with other community services to identify needs of individuals receiving support, and making appropriate referrals following the principles of user self-determination.
- Advocate along with, or on behalf of, people whose rights to services, or opportunities may actually or potentially be comprised. This includes advising people of their choices and/or rights and responsibilities and/or potential consequences.
What we’re looking for:
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Masters of Social Work Degree
- Registered with the Ontario College of Social Work and Social Service Workers
- Excellent team work, conflict resolution and communication skills
- Knowledge of Trauma and Trauma informed therapy
- Knowledge of online platforms
Work Schedule: 31 hours per week
Length of Assignment : One maternity leave position available with a duration of 12 months commencing in February 2022.
Application Deadline: 2022-02-01
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Application deadline: 2022-02-01 Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org